Tuesday 15 May 2012

CGN Congrats and a Birthday

This past weekend my little Missy Bean aka Stella aka Varazs Kedvesem Final Dance earned her very first CKC title.  She passed her Canine Good Neighbour test with style and earned lots of compliments from both the organizers and the tester.  We originally had planned to test last month but had to defer when she came into heat. 

CKC defines the CGN test as follows:  The test is non-competitive and allows dog and handler to demonstrate confidence and control in 12 steps. It assesses the handler and dog's relationship, together with the handler's ability to control the dog. Dogs are evaluated on their ability to perform basic exercises as well as their ability to demonstrate good manners in everyday situations.  The 12 tests are listed here CKC Canine Good Neighbour tests.

I am very proud of my girl and I look forward to many more training adventures in our future.

In other news Riley turned six years old on Saturday, May 12th.  Poor guy still is on restricted activity so it was a fairly quiet day but he got lots of love.  This dog has brought so much joy to my life.  He has challenged me, made me crazy and always makes me laugh.  He sparked my interest in dog training and introduced me to a whole new world of friends.  Thanks for being in my life monkey boy, may we have many more fun years ahead.

Puppy Riley

With his littermate brother Sam


All grown up.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Stella! Happy Birthday Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Mama Miska & breeder mom are very proud of you Stella. Hugs & kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Riley. I hope this latest scare works out to be not-so-scary. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete